Flight reviewers help to ensure a safe operating environment for everyone. By applying to become a flight reviewer, you will have a direct impact on the industry and the next generation of drone pilots.
The role of flight reviewers
Drone or “Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS)” flight reviewers:
- conduct flight reviews with pilot candidates
- validate the identity of pilot candidates
- make sure that a pilot candidate’s flying skills meet our standards
Flight reviewers may charge a fee for this service.
Contact a drone flight school near you if you are interested in becoming a flight reviewer. To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria before you start the process:
- be at least 18 years old
- have 6 months of experience operating a drone while holding a Pilot certificate – Advanced Operations
- have passed a Flight Reviewer Exam
- have no aviation-related enforcement actions against you by Transport Canada