- Record of Amendments
- Record of Bulletins
- Part I – General Administration
- Chapter 1: Approved Check Dispatcher Program
- Chapter 2: ACD Delegation Policy and Authorities
- Chapter 3: ACD Qualifications & Authority Application Prodedures
- Chapter 4: Transport Canada Approval Procedures
- Chapter 5: ACD Delegation of Authority
- Chapter 6: Transport Canada ACD Oversight Program
- Chapter 7: Air Operator Responsibilities
- Chapter 8: Conduct of Competency Checks
- Chapter 9: Competency Check Assessments
- Chapter 10: Assessment Standards
- Chapter 11: Validity Periods and Extensions
- Part II – Appendixes & Forms
- Appendix A: ACD Application Form
- Appendix B: ACD Delegation of Authority Form
- Appendix C: Dispatcher's Competency Check Report
- Appendix D: TC Inspector Request for an Annual ACD Monitor or DCC
- Appendix E: Approved Check Dispatcher Monitor Report
- Appendix F: ACD or Flight Dispatch Extension Request/Approval
- Appendix G: Revocation of ACD Authorization
- Appendix H: Recommendation for Competency Check
- Appendix I: Operational Control Inspection Report
- Appendix J: Sample Letter of Approval
- Appendix K: Flight Dispatcher Training & Proficiency Record
- Appendix L: Familiarization Flight Report
- Appendix M: Competency Check Practices Guide
10.1.1 Competency checks are conducted/monitored to assess the effectiveness and standard of the air operator's training system and to qualify dispatchers for operational control.
10.1.2 The competency check will be conducted in accordance with:
the standards described in this chapter;
other TC documents such as the CAR s, CASS , CAP , CFS ; and
air operator documents such as the COM , AOM and SOP s.
10.1.3 The DCC will be documented on the Competency Check Report ( Appendix C).
10.1.4 Each item of the competency check must receive an assessment, and must be graded according to the assessment standards and rating definitions of section 10.2. The appropriate rating for each exercise must be recorded on the competency check report and any sequence graded “2” or “1” requires a narrative in the comments section of the report.
10.1.5 Most sections in this Chapter include a list of common errors that may affect the rating of a sequence. ACD s must use the wording of the appropriate common error where applicable.