- Aeroplane Flight Test Guides
- Helicopter Flight Test Guides
- Ultra-light Aeroplane Flight Test Guide
- Flight Instructor Guides
16. Slipping (Not a Flight Test Item for Powered Parachute, Weight Shift or Two Axis Control Candidates)
To determine that the candidate can conduct a slipping manoeuvre safely and effectively to lose altitude.
The examiner will request a slipping manoeuvre during the landing approach, the precautionary approach or the forced landing approach.
The candidate will be required to demonstrate either a:
- forward slip;
- sideslip; or
- slipping turn.
Assessment will be based on the candidate's ability to:
- smoothly establish an effective slip;
- maintain a slip appropriate to the flight profile and crosswind conditions, where they exist;
- in the case of a forward slip, maintain the intended flight path;
- recover smoothly to coordinated flight.
Note: Any significant skidding manoeuvre is unacceptable.