- How to Use This Manual
- Record of Revisions
- Chapter 1 - Air Law, The Clean Aircraft Concept
- Chapter 2 - Theory and Aircraft Performance
- Chapter 3 - Deicing/Anti-icing Fluids
- Chapter 4 - Preventative Measures and Deicing Procedures
- Chapter 5 - Ground Crew Supplement
- Chapter 6 - Aircraft Critical Surface Contamination Examination Questions
- List of Tables
Departure Notification for the Flight Crew
71. Following a deicing/anti-icing treatment of the aircraft and confirmation that the Critical Surface Inspection has been completed, and that the aircraft is free of frozen contaminants, the pilot will need the following information from the deicing crew:
- Confirmation that all staff and equipment are clear of the aircraft.
- Authorization to start engines (if applicable).
- Authorization to unfeather propellers (if applicable).
- Notification to switch to hand signals (if applicable).