Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Skyservice Aviation Inc., 9785 Ryan Avenue, Dorval, Québec, H9P 1A2 from the requirement of the formal Type Design Examination by Transport Canada set out in paragraph 507.02 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) requiring that an imported aircraft to be eligible for Canadian registration and certification shall fully comply with all standards of airworthiness. The validity of this exemption is subject to the following conditions:
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Skyservice Aviation Inc. to operate a Cessna Model 650 Aircraft, Registration C-GOXB, Serial Number 650-0104, pending TCCA Type Design Examination and formal acceptance of the embodiment of a Honeywell CAS 67A TCAS II (Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System) and various structural & avionics cabin interior modifications as identified in the Skyservice exemption application letter dated November 18, 2003.
This exemption applies to Cessna Model 650 Aircraft, Registration C-GOXB, Serial Number 650-0104, when operated by Skyservice Aviation Inc. under Air Operator Certificate Number 9638.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The aircraft shall be maintained on a Transport Canada approved inspection/maintenance schedule.
- The subject aircraft shall comply with the requirements of any embodied Department of Transport (DOT) approved or accepted design change. Any design change to be embodied on the subject aircraft shall be established by a competent person, to be compatible with any of the limits authorized by this exemption and not to adversely affect the airworthiness of the modified aircraft.
- A copy of this exemption shall be attached to the Limitation Section of the Aircraft Flight Manual.
- A copy of this exemption shall be kept in the subject Aircraft's Technical File.
- Appropriate entries to identify this exemption shall be made in the subject aircraft's Journey Log Book and Technical File.
- This exemption does not constitute and shall not be used as a basis for an airworthiness approval of the current modifications embodied on the subject aircraft.
- During the validity period of this exemption, should additional airworthiness concerns or data compromising the safety of the subject aircraft be brought to the attention of Transport Canada, the latter may at any time cancel or modify this exemption.
- The non-compliance with any of the terms and conditions of this exemption shall invalidate it.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- This exemption is valid for 180 days from December 1, 2003 to May 28, 2004, at 23:59 EDT;
- the date on which any of the conditions set out in this exemption is breached; or
- the date on which this exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister of Transport where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Dorval, this November 28, 2003, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Regional Director, Civil Aviation
- Date de modification :