Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt the State Transport Company Russia, Vnukovo, 1-aya Reysovaya Ul. 2, Moscow 103027, Russia and its flight crew from the requirements set out in Paragraphs 602.152(a) and (b) of the of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) subject to the following conditions.
Paragraphs 602.152 (a) and (b) of the CARs state that after April 1, 2002, no person shall operate an aeroplane to or from an aerodrome in Canada unless the aeroplane is a Chapter 3 aeroplane or has a MCTOW of less than 34 000 kg (74,956 pounds).
The purpose of this exemption is to permit State Transport Company Russia to operate a Chapter 2, IL-62 aeroplane on flights to and from Canada. State Transport Company Russia will land on November 28, 2005 at Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International (CYOW) Airport. The aircraft will depart from Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport to Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport (CYYZ) on December 1, 2005 followed by a departure from Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport, on December 2, 2005 en route to Russia. State Transport Company Russia is transporting the Chairman of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, Mr. Sergey Mironov to Canada.
The exemption applies to State Transport Company Russia and its flight crew for the operation of the following IL-62 aeroplane:
- Aeroplane IL-62, Registration No. 86540/RPVYE,
- if required, reserve aircraft IL-62, Registration No. 86466/RPNDZ, 86468/RPNEW, 86467/RPNEV.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- State Transport Company Russia shall operate all aircraft in support of the Russian Federation Delegation and the Chairman, Mr. Sergey Mironov on a state visit to Canada;
- State Transport Company Russia shall conduct all aircraft landings and takeoffs only at Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (CYOW) and Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport (CYYZ);
- State Transport Company Russia shall operate the aircraft in accordance with the noise abatement procedures and restrictions in force at Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (CYOW), and Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport (CYYZ);
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried on board the aeroplane at all times.
This exemption is valid until the earliest of:
- 23:59 EST on December 4, 2005;
- The date on which any condition specified in the exemption is breached; or
- The date on which the exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, on the 24th day of November, 2005, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by
- Date de modification :