Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Air Canada, PO Box 9000 Station Airport, Dorval Québec H4Y 1G7 from the requirement set out in section 605.03 (1) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) requiring that no person shall operate an aircraft in flight unless (a) a flight authority is in effect in respect of the aircraft, subject to the following conditions.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Air Canada to operate a B767-3Y0 Aircraft, Registration Number C-GGMX, Serial Number 24947 without the flammability test for the seat covers required by AWM 525.853(c). .
This exemption applies to B767-3Y0 Aircraft, Registration Number C-GGMX, Serial Number 24947 when operated by Air Canada.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The operator shall maintain the aircraft on a Transport Canada approved inspection/maintenance schedule;
- The subject aircraft shall be in compliance with the requirements of any embodied Department of Transport (DOT) approved or accepted design change. Any design change to be embodied on the subject aircraft shall be established by a competent person, to be compatible with any of the limits authorized by this exemption and not to adversely affect the airworthiness of the modified aircraft;
- A copy of this exemption shall be kept in the subject Aircraft's Technical File;
- Appropriate entries to identify this exemption shall be made in the aircraft's Journey Log Book and Technical File.
- This exemption does not constitute and shall not be used as basis for an airworthiness approval of the current modifications embodied on the subject aircraft.
- During the validity period of this exemption, should additional airworthiness concerns or data compromising the safety of the subject aircraft be brought to the attention of Transport Canada the latter may at any time cancel or modify this exemption.
- Non-compliance with any of the terms and conditions of this exemption shall invalidate it.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- September 25, 2004, at 23:59 EDT;
- the date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached;
- the date on which this exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister of Transport where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety;
- the date that the seat covers meet the requirements of AWM 525.853 (c).
- the date on which the subject aircraft ceases to be operated by Air Canada.
Dated at Dorval, Province of Quebec, this June 25, 2004,
on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Regional Director, Civil Aviation
- Date de modification :