Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after having taken into account that the exemption is both in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt, AVIONAIR INC., Aéroport International de Montréal, 9025 avenue Ryan, Dorval, Quebec, H9P 1A2, operating under Subpart 4 of Part VII of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs),from the requirements set out in subparagraph 704.115(2)(a)(ii) of the CARs,under the conditions specified in Standard 724.115(28). This subparagraph requires that the air operator ensure that each flight crew member acquire line indoctrination training while performing the duties appropriate to the crew station.
The purpose of this exemption is to enable the air operator, AVIONAIR INC., to utilize the below-mentioned flight crew member without a line indoctrination training, considering his current experience with aircraft type Citation C-500 and C-550 under Subpart 704 of the CARs.
This exemption applies to Mr. Keith Sherren, licence number AA-370249, for the aircraft type Citation C-560, when operated by AVIONAIR INC., in its operations under air operator certificate number 5426.
This exemption is granted subject to the following conditions:
- the training on the above-mentioned aircraft type must be documented in the above-mentioned pilot's training files;
- the record of flights carried out under Subpart 704 must be documented in the above-mentioned pilot's files.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- March 1, 2001, at midnight EST;
- the date on which one of the conditions set out in the exemption is breached;
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest, or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated in Dorval, Quebec, Canada, on the 22nd day of August 2000, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by
For the Minister of Transport
- Date de modification :