Current status: OPEN
Open on June 19, 2023 and will be closed on August 18, 2023.
The Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) has released the draft of Safety Standard CAN/CGSB-43.151 for a 60-day consultation period. This standard is incorporated by reference within the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (TDG Regulations) and the new edition will come into force once published with a six-month phase-in (transitional) period.
Safety standard CAN/CGSB-43.151 sets out the requirements for packaging, handling, offering for transport and transport of explosives (Class 1).
Join in: how to participate
Share your ideas
To obtain a copy of the draft safety standard, please contact the CGSB directly via Beata Hart at email@example.com. Comments for improvement to the standard may also be sent to Beata Hart using the following instructions.
All comments must be included in the comment form supplied by the CGSB and contain the following information:
- CGSB Reference Number/Title of the Standard (e.g. CGSB-43.151 / “Packaging, handling, offering for transport and transport of Explosives (Class 1)”)
- affected Clause No. /Subclause No. /Annex (e.g. 7.2)
- affected Paragraph / Figure / Table / Note (e.g. Table 1)
- comment (justification for change)
- proposed change
Who is the focus of this consultation
All Canadians are invited to participate in the online consultations. Those with a particular interest may include:
- Person handling, offering for transport and transporting explosives (Class 1).
- Updated list of explosives, special provisions and packing instructions to align with the 22nd edition of the UN recommendations
- Updated references to other dangerous goods packaging standards
- Updated packing instruction EP101, CEP 01 and CEP 02
- Added requirements on the reuse of packagings and use of partially filled packagings to transport Class 1 Explosives
- Updated decontamination requirements
- Added provision to prohibit the use of lightweight IBC for the transport of Class 1 Explosives
Beata Hart, Standards Specialist
Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB)