Current status: OPEN
Open on June 22, 2023 and will be closed on August 21, 2023.
The Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) has released the draft of Safety Standard CAN/CGSB-43.126 for a 60-day consultation period. This standard is incorporated by reference within the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (TDG Regulations) and the new edition will come into force once published with a six-month phase-in (transitional) period.
Safety standard CAN/CGSB-43.126 sets out the requirements for reconditioning, remanufacturing and repair of drums for the transportation of dangerous goods.
Join in: how to participate
Share your ideas
To obtain a copy of the draft safety standard, please contact the CGSB directly via Beata Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments for improvement to the standard may also be sent to Beata Hart using the following instructions.
All comments must be included in the comment form supplied by the CGSB and contain the following information:
- CGSB Reference Number/Title of the Standard (e.g. CGSB-43.126 / “reconditioning, remanufacturing and repair of drums for the transportation of dangerous goods”)
- affected Clause No. /Subclause No. /Annex (e.g. 7.2)
- affected Paragraph / Figure / Table / Note (e.g. Table 1)
- comment (justification for change)
- proposed change
Who is the focus of this consultation
All Canadians are invited to participate in the online consultations. Those with a particular interest may include:
- Steel drum reconditioning, remanufacturing and repair facilities;
- Plastic drum reconditioning and remanufacturing facilities.
- No new technical requirements have been introduced. This new edition is a reaffirmation of the CAN/CGSB-43.126-2019.
Beata Hart, Standards Specialist
Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB)