Date (Y-M-D): 1992-07-17
Subject: Immersion Suit Buddy Line
1. The National standard, CAN/CGSB 65.16-M89, requires immersion suits manufactured after 1987 and used on Canadian ships to be equipped with buddy lines.
2. Immersion suits manufactured between 1987 and 1991 under approval numbers 039-070-027 and 039-070-028 by FitzWright Company, may have been supplied to the Canadian market without a buddy line. This does not affect the primary performance nor the integrity of the suits.
3. Shipowners and mariners are advised to inspect their FitzWright immersion suits to determine if a "buddy line" has been fitted. For those not fitted, FitzWright offers a retrofit buddy line at a nominal cost and advises that they be contacted promptly in order to buy one as initial stock is limited.
FITZWRIGHT COMPANY LTD.
150 - 5811 Cedarbridge Way
4. Retrofitting instructions will be supplied with the buddy line.
5. FitzWright suits equipped with the optional lifting harness arrangement which doubles as a buddy line need not be fitted with both.
Keywords: Questions concerning this bulletin should be addressed to:
2. Buddy line
Tower C, Place de Ville
11th Floor, 330 Sparks Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N8
To add or change your address, contact us at: email@example.com
Owners of commercial vessels, registered and licensed, automatically receive Bulletins.