This TP 15456 - Canadian Vessel Plan Approval and Inspection Standard, applies to all Canadian vessels subject to the Vessel Safety Certificate Regulations (VSCR). It specifies plan submission requirements and inspection details for issuing, endorsing or renewing a certificate. The standard TP15456 provides instructions and guidelines on what items to verify during a specific type of inspection (e.g. initial, annual, intermediate and renewal) that are required to issue a certificate. It harmonizes inspection types, terminology, certificate periodicity and the structure layout with the International Maritime Organization (IMO) Harmonized System of Survey and Certification (HSSC) guidelines, with some modifications (where needed) to reflect the Canada Shipping Act, 2001 (CSA 2001) regulatory regime. The standard TP 15456 includes details on the submission and approval of plans and other information for different types of vessels that Authorize Representatives must follow in order to be issued Canadian Maritime Documents.
Who is this Transport Canada Publication for
- Ship owners – Authorized Representatives
- Transport Canada Employee – Marine Safety Inspectors
- Marine surveyors of Recognized Organizations
- Vessel designers, vessels building and repair yards
What’s in this Transport Canada Publication
- Canadian standard for plan submission and inspection details for Canadian convention and non-convention vessels;
- Specifies inspection standards for issuing, endorsing or renewing vessel certificates for Canadian convention and non-convention vessels;
- Description of various types of vessel inspections;
- Inspection requirement versus type of inspections for vessel certificates;
- Acceptation and general requirements for in-Water Survey in lieu of Dry-Docking
Request a copy
Get a copy of this Transport Canada document sent to you by email.
TP 15456 - Canadian Vessel Plan Approval and Inspection Standard
(PDF, 2.3 MB)
Privacy notice: We collect your email address to automatically send you an electronic copy of the document you’ve requested. Your email address is not stored. Read our privacy statement.
Request a copy in alternate format
To get a copy of this document in an alternate format, contact AEWeb@tc.gc.ca.