The fifth call for proposals for assessment and removal (A&R) projects is currently open, and will remain open until all funds for 2020-2021 have been allocated.
The Abandoned Boats Program (ABP) provides grant and contribution funding to assist in the removal of abandoned and/or wrecked small boats posing a hazard in Canadian waters. The program also helps to:
- educate small boat owners about how to responsibly manage their boats
- support research on boat recycling and environmentally responsible boat design
The ABP has two key components.
- The assessment and removals (A&R) component funds boat removal assessments, and the permanent removal and disposal of abandoned and/or wrecked small boats.
- The education, awareness and research (EA&R) component funds:
- public education projects aimed at raising awareness about boat owner responsibility, including proper end-of-life management practices
- research on environmentally responsible boat design and recycling of end-of-life boats.
If you have any questions about this program, contact us by email or mail.
Abandoned Boats Program (ABP)
330 Sparks Street, Place de Ville, Tower C (AHSB)
Ottawa ON K1A 0N5