The National Trade Corridors Fund (NTCF) Arctic and Northern call for project proposals is now open. This call will consider funding for infrastructure projects that address the unique transportation needs and priorities of Arctic and Northern communities.
This call for proposals closes on March 15, 2021. After this date, we won’t accept applications for funding under this call for proposals.
To be eligible for funding, your project must specifically target, or be located in, one of the following northern geographic locations within Canada:
- Northwest Territories
- Northern extent of Labrador that includes the Nunatsiavut region, in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nunavik region, in Quebec
- Town of Churchill, Port of Churchill, including related infrastructure assets, in northern Manitoba
This call for proposals will also consider funding studies that focus on supporting transportation infrastructure improvements in one of the locations listed above.
Note: Applicants do not need to live in Canada’s Arctic and Northern regions to receive funding through this call for proposals.
We may give preference to projects that:
- request less than $50 million from the NTCF for their project
- have already secured some funding from other funding partners at the time of application
Consult the applicant's guide
Carefully read the National Trade Corridors Fund applicant’s guide Arctic and Northern call for proposals before you start either your expression of interest, or your comprehensive project proposal.
Register for a webinar to learn more
We will be hosting a series of webinars to provide further information about the application process. The webinars will be an opportunity for applicants to find out what they need to do to apply and ask questions.
They will be held on:
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 | 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern standard time (English)
- Thursday, November 19, 2020 | 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM Eastern standard time (French)
- Monday, November 23 ,2020 | 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM Eastern standard time (English)
- Monday, November 23 ,2020 | 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern standard time (French)
To register for a webinar, please send an email to the following address:
Once we receive your email, you will be sent an invitation with the webinar details.
Should you be unable to attend the webinars on any of these dates, please inform us via email and additional dates may be offered.
- Next - Who can apply