The National Trade Corridors Fund (NTCF) Arctic and Northern call for project proposals is now open. This call will consider funding for infrastructure projects that address the unique transportation needs and priorities of Arctic and Northern communities.
This call for proposals closes on March 15, 2021. After this date, we won’t accept applications for funding under this call for proposals.
To be eligible for funding, your project must specifically target, or be located in, one of the following northern geographic locations within Canada:
- Northwest Territories
- Northern extent of Labrador that includes the Nunatsiavut region, in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nunavik region, in Quebec
- Town of Churchill, Port of Churchill, including related infrastructure assets, in northern Manitoba
This call for proposals will also consider funding studies that focus on supporting transportation infrastructure improvements in one of the locations listed above.
Note: Applicants do not need to live in Canada’s Arctic and Northern regions to receive funding through this call for proposals.
We may give preference to projects that:
- request less than $50 million from the NTCF for their project
- have already secured some funding from other funding partners at the time of application
Consult the applicant's guide
Carefully read the National Trade Corridors Fund applicant’s guide Arctic and Northern call for proposals before you start either your expression of interest, or your comprehensive project proposal.