Local or provincial police forces investigate motor vehicle accidents on public roads, as well as accidents that involve off-road vehicles.

In case of an accident

If you are involved in or witness a car accident, call 911 or your local emergency number. Tell the person who answers the phone where you are, what happened, and what you need. If needed, they will send an emergency vehicle(s) to your location.

Incident involving dangerous goods

The 2016 Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG2016) has been developed for use by the fire fighters, police, and other emergency services personnel who may be the first to arrive at the scene of a transportation incident involving dangerous goods.