From October 2018 to October 2020, we asked your thoughts on Oceans Protection Plan priorities. The consultation was done online through Let’s Talk – Oceans Protection Plan.
Oceans Protection Plan Priorities: What We’ve Heard
- Online consultation ran from October 2018 to October 2020
- 376 registrants
- 200 comments received
We asked your thoughts on the following Oceans Protection Plan priorities:
- Creating a world-leading marine safety system
- Protecting and restoring marine ecosystems
- Creating stronger Indigenous partnerships and engaging coastal communities
- Making decisions based on scientific evidence
The Government of Canada needs to do more of the following to meet these priorities:
- Improve regulation of marine traffic
- Address the effects of shipping on the marine environment
- Continue to partner with Indigenous peoples on marine safety, including learning from their Traditional Knowledge
- Continue to partner with the scientific community to improve marine safety and preserve and restore marine ecosystems
Have your say and read the full summary: www.letstalktransportation.ca/opp
Learn more about how we are protecting our coasts: http://www.canada.ca/protecting-our-coasts
- Oceans Protection Priorities: What We Heard (2020)
- Oceans protection plan
- Let’s Talk – Oceans protection plan
- What has the Oceans Protection Plan accomplished?
- How is the Plan’s $1.5 billion being spent?
- What projects and initiatives have been announced?
- How is the Oceans Protection Plan improving marine safety?
Oceans Protection Plan priorities: What we heard
(PDF, 390 KB)