Third call for proposals
The Safety Equipment and Basic Marine Infrastructure in Northern Communities Initiative third call for proposals is now closed.
Transport Canada is accepted applications for projects in the Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Nunavik (Northern Quebec), and Nunatsiavut (Northeastern Labrador) until February 17, 2023.
For more information, please email: BasicMarineInfrastructure-InfrastructureMaritimeDeBase@tc.gc.ca.
About the initiative
Through the Oceans Protection Plan, the Government of Canada is investing over $150 million over 10 years in the Safety Equipment and Basic Marine Infrastructure in Northern Communities Initiative. Through the third call for proposals, over $60M will be available to be invested over 5 years (2022 to 2027) in projects that protect the marine environment and improve the safety and efficiency of sealift and/or resupply operations in Arctic and Northern coastal communities.
The Initiative could invest in equipment and/or infrastructure such as:
- facilities to organize and store goods
- mooring bollards and anchors to help ships and barges hold their position near the shore, especially in bad weather
- petroleum infrastructure to transfer fuel from barge to communities safely and efficiently, reducing the risk of harm to personnel and the marine environment
- sealift areas equipped with fencing, lighting, and signage to create a safe workspace
- safety equipment such as gas monitors and radios to communicate and mitigate incidents
Related services and information
- Download the Fact Sheet in English [PDF, 333 KB]
- Download the Fact Sheet in Inuktitut North Baffin Roman Orthography [PDF, 520 KB]
- Download the Fact Sheet in Inuktitut North Baffin Syllabics [PDF, 291 KB]
- Download the Fact Sheet in Inuktitut Nunavimmiutitut [PDF, 290 KB]