The Airport Critical Infrastructure Program (ACIP) is a contribution funding program to help Canada’s large airports make critical investments in safety, security or transit infrastructure. The ACIP will support continued investments by these airports during the COVID-19 pandemic and will support the recovery of their sector, without further worsening their financial challenges. This will provide several benefits, such as:
- Uninterrupted work on infrastructure projects to ensure continued safety and security; including compliance with safety standards and related regulatory requirements;
- Helping airports to lessen the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Helping airports to preserve their financial resources by funding projects to help avoid fee increases to passengers;
- Stimulating economic activity through the jobs those projects provide; and
- Enabling of airports to protect air travelers against the importation and transmission of COVID-19 and help regain Canadians’ confidence in the safety of air travel.
For further information or if you have any questions about the program: