The call for proposal for assessment and removal (A&R) projects is currently closed.
New: Please note that only one application is required for both assessment and removal of abandoned boats.
The Abandoned Boats Program (ABP) provides grant and contribution funding to assist in the removal of abandoned and/or wrecked small boats posing a hazard in Canadian waters. The program also helps to:
- educate small boat owners about how to responsibly manage their boats
- support research on boat recycling and environmentally responsible boat design
The ABP has two key components.
- The assessment and removals (A&R) component funds boat removal assessments, and the permanent removal and disposal of abandoned and/or wrecked small boats
- The education, awareness, and research (EA&R) component funds:
- public education projects aimed at raising awareness about boat owner responsibility, including proper end-of-life management practices
- research on environmentally responsible boat design and recycling of end-of-life boats
If you have any questions about this program, contact us by email.
Abandoned Boats Program (ABP)