These documents help employees, trainers and managers understand and manage the risks of fatigue in aviation personnel. Managers may use these links when setting up related policies and procedures, called a fatigue risk management system (FRMS).
FRMS materials for employees and trainers
- FRMS for the Canadian Aviation Industry: An Introduction to Managing Fatigue
Employees may use these introductory materials to understand the risks of fatigue and ways to manage risks (TP 14572E).
- FRMS for the Canadian Aviation Industry: Fatigue Management Strategies for Employees
This workbook gives employees the knowledge and skills to find ways to manage their fatigue (TP 14573E).
- FRMS for the Canadian Aviation Industry: Employee Training Assessment
This module helps trainers assess whether employees have understood the topics in the Fatigue Management Strategies for Employees workbook. (TP 14574E)
- FRMS for the Canadian Aviation Industry: Trainer's Handbook
This handbook includes a training presentation on fatigue, fatigue management systems and ways that people can manage their own fatigue, as well as information on delivering a workshop (TP 14578E).
- Fatigue Risk Management for Employees
A presentation for trainers to deliver, as discussed in the Trainer’s Handbook.
FRMS materials for managers
- FRMS for the Canadian Aviation Industry: Developing and Implementing a Fatigue Risk Management System
This guide explains how managers can reduce risks related to fatigue by including fatigue risk management within a safety management system (TP 14575E).
- FRMS for the Canadian Aviation Industry: Policies and Procedures Development Guidelines
This guide suggests a policy structure and gives examples and guidelines to help organizations design fatigue risk management policies and procedures (TP 14576E).
- FRMS for the Canadian Aviation Industry: Fatigue Audit Tools
This document gives managers an overview of tools that may help determine whether scheduling provides employees with enough opportunities for sleep (TP 14577E).