Flight dispatchers, also called air dispatchers, are assigned the responsibility of exercising safe and efficient operational control over an air operator’s flights in conjunction with the Pilot-in-Command, on behalf of the Operations Manager.
On this page
- Flight dispatcher operating manuals
- Flight dispatcher training and study materials
- Approved Check Dispatcher (ACD) program
- Approved Check Dispatcher Bulletins
Flight dispatcher operating manuals
Dispatchers and approved check dispatchers (ACDs) should refer to these manuals for their operations.
- Generic Operational Control Manual (Dispatcher Manual) for Air Operators
Procedures for flight dispatch including operations, administration and emergency procedures.
Flight dispatcher training and study materials
Refer to these manuals for help in training and becoming qualified as an air dispatcher.
- Generic Dispatchers Training Manual for Air Operators
This training program incorporates the regulatory requirements for qualifying as a flight dispatcher and maintaining that qualification.
- Study and Reference Guide - Flight Dispatchers - 3rd edition
Reference guide to knowledge required in Transport Canada’s generic examinations of flight dispatchers.
Approved Check Dispatcher (ACD) program
The Approved Check Dispatcher program allows an air or private operator the opportunity to develop and maintain a program of competency checks independent of the availability of Transport Canada Civil Aviation Inspectors.
- Approved Check Dispatcher Manual
Procedures for becoming an approved check dispatcher and for conducting the work of a check dispatcher.