Transport Canada successfully hosted the first Fit to Fly Workshop at the Hilton Lac-Leamy in Gatineau, QC. The Workshop was centered on supporting aviation personnel in the interest of aviation safety.
Through the Fit to Fly Workshop, we were able to:
- Raise awareness on the importance of employee assistance programs
- Provide information on practical methods of promoting a healthy workforce
- Establish networks for information-sharing and partnerships
- Provide health services information; and
- Clarify the ability to conduct random alcohol and drug testing
Transport Canada has partnered with Smart Pilot in creating a toolkit with all the information shared at Fit to Fly.