Appendix G - Photo Requirements
photograph identification. As a result, AME applicants are required to submit to TC a recent photograph for issue of a licence (initial, additional rating, renewal or reissue).
1.2 Photographs may be taken at a TCC in accordance with the procedures noted below. As an alternative, a colour passport photograph or a digital image may be submitted by the applicant. Black and white photographs are not acceptable.
1.3 Upon implementation of the new AMES 2.5 database, TCC's are to verify the applicants identity/photo by reviewing the new photograph against the existing photograph recorded in AMES (currently a process conducted by AARPG). Should there be question or concern regarding the applicant's identity, TCC's are to contact the Superintendent of AME Licensing & Training (AARPG).
2.1 The following guidelines should be applied for all photographs:
- Only use a non-reflective powder blue backdrop (available at most stationary stores as craft paper).
- Headgear (i.e. hats, etc.) must be removed unless it relates to religious doctrine.
- Sunglasses must be removed.
- The individuals face should be square to the camera with no head tilt.
- Substandard photographs must be rejected at the source and the individual notified accordingly so that arrangements can be made for a retake.
2.2 Digital photos should be:
- In JPG format;
- Head only; square;
- No larger than 300 pixels in either direction;
- In full colour (24 bit);
- The AME licence number should be printed on the back or noted in the email (if submitted electronically)
- If submitted electronically then only 1 photo per email is permitted and the "subject: line should identify "Licence photo";
- The photo file must be named using the AME licence number (without identifying the "M") and jpg extension (i.e. 123456.jpg)
2.3 Photographs taken in the region to support the current licensing credentials can be forwarded to AARPG by the following methods:
- E-mail: send the attachments to email@example.com and identify the subject as AME licence photo. Photos should be in JPG format; it will be necessary to include the licence number in the subject header i.e., 123456.jpg.
- Floppy Disk or CD-ROM can be forwarded by e-mail, regular post or where cost effective by courier.