Pursuant to paragraph 702.22(2)(a) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), and after taking into account that the authorization is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, for the purposes of paragraph 602.15(2)(a) of the CARs, I hereby authorize Pembina Air 1999 Ltd. to operate at altitudes other than those specified in paragraph 602.14(2)(a) of the CARs, subject to the following conditions.
Paragraph 602.14(2)(a) of the CARs requires that no person shall operate an aircraft over a built-up area or over an open-air assembly of persons unless the aircraft is operated at an altitude from which, in the event of an emergency necessitating an immediate landing, it would be possible to 1and the aircraft without creating a hazard to persons or property on the surface, and, in any case, at an altitude that is not lower than, for aeroplanes, 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle located within a horizontal distance of 2,000 feet from the aeroplane.
Purpose and Application
The purpose of this authority is to permit aerial application for controlling insect pests in sunflowers.
Operations are to be carried out as described in the aerial work zone plan dated May 28, 2002, and accompanying photographs dated May 2, 2002. No flight shall be carried out over, or towards, any built up areas of Morden, Manitoba, Canada. Spray runs shall be in a North/South direction. No operations shall be conducted in the two fields depicted in the aerial photographs that are immediately North of the trailer park.
This authorization is also subject to the conditions in the Pembina Air 1999 Ltd. aerial work zone plans dated 28 May 2002, and applies to C-GFQX, an Ayres S-2R aircraft when operated by Pembina Air 1999 Ltd. operations under Air Operator Certificate Number 9223.
This authorization is subject to the following conditions:
- Flights must be carried out under Day/VFR conditions;
- No person, other than crew members essential to the operation shal1 be on board the aircraft at any time;
- Flights must be operated at such altitudes, airspeeds and flight paths that will permit a landing without creating a hazard to persons or property on the surface of the earth in the event of an emergency;
- Pembina Air 1999 Ltd. shall ensure that no persons are in the area to be sprayed during spraying operations;
- A copy of this authorization shal1 be carried on board the aircraft during aeria1 work operations;
- Local police and fire departments must be notified of the nature and dates and times of the operations prior to commencement of operations;
- The Regional Superintendent, Fixed Wing Operations, Prairie and Northern Region, Winnipeg, MB, must be notified in advance of any operations by telephone at 204-9831409 or by fax at 204-983-1734;
This authorization is in effect unti1 the earliest of the following:
- 23:59 CDT on 30 August 2002;
- the date on which any condition set out in this authorization is breached or;
- the date on which this authorization is canceled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Winnipeg, Manitoba, this 27th day of June 2002, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original Signed By
K. W. Graham
Commercial and Business Aviation
Prairie and Northern Region
for Minister of Transport
- Date de modification :