Pursuant to paragraph 702.22(2)(a) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations(CARs), and after taking into account that the authorization is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, for the purposes of paragraph 602.15(2)(a) of the CARs, I hereby authorize Miccar Enterprises Ltd. to operate at altitudes other than those specified in paragraph 602.14(2)(a) of the CARs, subject to the following conditions.
Paragraph 602.14(2)(a) of the CARs requires that no person shall operate an aircraft over a built-up area or over an open-air assembly of persons unless the aircraft is operated at an altitude from which, in the event of an emergency necessitating an immediate 1anding, it would be possible to 1and the aircraft without creating a hazard to persons or property on the surface, and, in any case, at an altitude that is not lower than, for aeroplanes, 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle located within a horizontal distance of 2,000 feet from the aeroplane.
Purpose and Application
The purpose of this authority is to permit aerial application for insect contro1 for the Crystal Lake Golf and Country Club in the Province of Saskatchewan.
This authorization is subject to the conditions in the Miccar Enterprises Ltd. aerial work zone plans dated 24 June 2002, and applies to a C-188 aircraft when operated by Miccar Enterprises Ltd. operations under Air Operator Certificate Number 8846.
This authorization is subject to the following conditions:
- Flights must be carried out under Day/VFR conditions;
- No person, other than crew members essential to the operation shall be on board the aircraft at any time;
- Flights must be operated at such altitudes, airspeeds and flight paths that wil1 permit a landing without creating a hazard to persons or property on the surface of the earth in the event of an emergency;
- Miccar Enterprises Ltd. shall ensure that no persons are in the area to be sprayed during spraying operations;
- A copy of this authorization shall be carried on board the aircraft during aerial work operations;
- Loca1 police and fire departments must be notified of the nature and dates and times of the operations prior to commencement of operations;
- The Regional Superintendent, Operations, Prairie and Northern Region, Winnipeg, MB, must be notified in advance of any operations by telephone at 204-983-1409 or by fax at 204-983-1734;
This authorization is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- from sunrise 03 July 2002 until midnight Central Daylight Time on 26 July 2002;
- the date on which any condition set out in this authorization is breached or;
- the date on which this authorization is canceled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Winnipeg, Manitoba, this 3rd day of July 2002, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original Signed By
Acting Regional Manager
Commercial and Business Aviation
Prairie and Northern Region
- Date de modification :