Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Air Transat, 11600 rue Cargo A-1, Mirabel, Quebec (J7N 1 G9), from the requirements set out in paragraph 507.02 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) requiring that an imported aircraft to be eligible for Canadian registration and certification shall fully comply with all standards of airworthiness. The validity of this exemption is conditional to the following application, purpose and conditions.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Air Transat to operate an Airbus A310-304, Registration Number C-GTSI, Serial Number 595, without the familiarization of the following modifications: LBA STC TA0117, LBA TA0324.
This exemption applies to an Airbus A310-304, Registration Number C-GTSI, Serial Number 595. This exemption applies only to this aircraft when operated by Air Transat.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The aircraft shall be maintained on a Transport Canada approved inspection/maintenance schedule.
- The subject aircraft shall comply with the requirements of any embodied Department of Transport (DOT) approved or accepted design change. Any design change to be embodied on the subject aircraft shall be established by a competent person, to be compatible with any of the limits authorized by this exemption and not to adversely affect the airworthiness of the modified aircraft.
- A copy of this exemption shall be attached to the Limitation Section of the Aircraft Flight Manual.
- A copy of this exemption shall be kept in the subject Aircraft's Technical File.
- Appropriate entries to identify this exemption shall be made in the subject aircraft's Journey Log Book and Technical File.
- This exemption does not constitute and shall not be used as basis for an airworthiness approval of the current modifications embodied on the subject aircraft.
- During the validity period of this exemption, should additional airworthiness
concerns or data compromising the safety of the subject aircraft be brought
to the attention of Transport Canada, the latter may at any time cancel or
modify this exemption.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- This exemption is valid for 180, days from April 08, 2004 to October 04, 2004 at 23:59 EDT;
- The date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached; or
- The date on which this exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister of Transport.
Dated at Dorval, this April 08, 2004, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Regional Director, Civil Aviation
- Date de modification :