Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act and after having taken into account that the exemption is both in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Aviation Québec Labrador Ltée, P.O. box 575, Sept-Iles, Quebec, Canada, G4R 4K7, operating under Subpart 4, of Part VII, of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), from the requirements in paragraph 704.115(3)(b) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) and of Standard 724.115(4)(b)(i)(A), under the conditions specified below. This paragraph requires that the training pilot (flight) hold an airline transport pilot licence.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow the air operator, Aviation Québec Labrador Ltée, to utilize a training pilot for flight training on the aircraft type DHC-6, even though he does not hold an airline transport pilot licence.
This exemption applies to Mr. Réal McKenzie, as training pilot on DHC-6, when operated by the company Aviation Québec Labrador Ltée, in its operations under air operator certificate number 5791.
This exemption is granted subject to the following conditions:
- Mr. Réal McKenzie will only be utilized as training pilot on the DHC-6; and
- the other requirements set out in Standard 724.115(4)(b) are complied with.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- May 10, 2001, at midnight;
- The date on which one of the conditions set out in the exemption is breached;
- The date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest, or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated in Dorval, Quebec, Canada, on the tenth day of November 2000, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
For the Minister of Transport
- Date de modification :