PURSUANT to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt persons installing parts on Canadian registered aircraft or on an aeronautical product intended for installation on a Canadian registered aircraft from paragraphs (c) to (h) of Standard 571.07 Installation of New Parts made pursuant to subsection 571.07 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations. These paragraphs, reproduced in Annex 1, limit the eligibility of Federal Aviation Administration Parts Manufacturing Approval (FAA PMA) part installation on Canadian registered aircraft or on other aeronautical products to be installed thereon. This exemption is subject to the conditions set out below.
The exemption relieves installers of parts from the restrictions set out in paragraph (c) to (h) of Standard 571.07, which pertain to the eligibility of FAA PMA part installation on Canadian registered aircraft. The effect of the exemption is to provide installers of parts with additional acceptable sources of supply of parts.
The exemption applies to persons installing FAA PMA parts on a Canadian registered aircraft or on an aeronautical product intended for installation on a Canadian registered aircraft.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The part shall be marked in accordance with FAA PMA part marking requirements set out by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- The part shall be certified by the part manufacturer, as conforming to the design data, approved by the Federal Aviation Administration or by Transport Canada Civil Aviation, through a certificate of conformity.
- The certificate of conformity set out in condition 2 shall indicate the aeronautical product(s) for which it is eligible.
- If the certificate of conformity is issued by a person other than the FAA PMA holder, the certificate shall indicate that the production approval holder has authorized direct shipment.
- The installer of parts shall comply with all other requirements of the Canadian Aviation Regulations.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- EST at midnight September 1, 2003;
- the date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached;
- the date on which an amendment to the appropriate provisions of the Canadian Aviation Regulations comes into effect; or
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he or she is of the opinion it is no longer in the public interest, or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa , this 13th day of February 2002, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Aircraft Maintenance and Manufacturing
- Date de modification :