Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt SkyService Aviation Inc., 9785 Ryan Avenue, Dorval, Québec, H9P 1A2 from the requirement set out in section 507.07 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) requiring that where an application for a flight authority is made in respect of an aircraft being imported, the applicant must comply with the importation requirements specified in Chapter 507 of the Airworthiness Manual, subject to the following conditions.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Skyservice Aviation Inc. to operate a Cessna Model 650 Aircraft, Registration C-GOXB, Serial Number 650-0104, pending the issue of a Canadian Limited Type Supplemental Certificate (LSTC) to cover the installation of the ln-Flight Entertainment (IFE) system.
This exemption applies to. Cessna Model 650 Aircraft, Registration C-GOXB, Serial Number 650-0104, when operated by Skyservice Aviation Inc. under Air Operator Certificate Number 9638.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The operator shall maintain the aircraft on a Transport Canada approved inspection/maintenance schedule;
- The operator shall submit to the Minister the application and all documents, technical design date . and other documents relating to the In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) system required by and in the form and manner prescribed by sections 513.20 and 513.21 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations, and all applicable Standards Chapter 513 of the Airworthiness Manual within a period of 120 calendar days following the issuance of this exemption;
- The operator shall have the aircraft available for any required examination by the Minister;
- The subject aircraft shall be in compliance with the requirements of any embodied Department of Transport (DOT) approved or accepted design change. Any design change to be embodied on the subject aircraft shall be established by a competent person, to be compatible with any of the limits authorized by this exemption and not to adversely affect the airworthiness of the modified aircraft;
- A copy of this exemption shall be attached to the Limitation Section of the Aircraft Flight Manual;
- A copy of this exemption shall be kept in the subject Aircraft's Technical File;
- The operator shall make the appropriate entries to identify this exemption in the subject aircraft's Journey Log Book and Technical File;
- The operator shall not use this exemption as a basis for an airworthiness approval of the current modifications embodied on the subject aircraft;
- During the validity period of this exemption, should additional airworthiness concerns or data compromising the safety of the subject aircraft be brought to the attention of Transport Canada, the latter may at any time cancel or modify this exemption;
- The operator shall comply with all requirements of Chapter 507 of the Airworthiness Manual.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- November 24, 2004, at 23:59 EST;
- the date on which any of the condition set out in this exemption is breached;
- the date on which this exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister of Transport where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety;
- the date of issuance of a Canadian Limited Type Supplemental Certificate (LSTC) to cover the installation of the In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) system; or
- the date on which the subject aircraft ceases to be operated by Skyservice Aviation Inc.
Dated at Dorval, province of Quebec, this May 28, 2004, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Regional Director, Civil Aviation
For the Minister of Transport
- Date de modification :