Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt JAT Airways, Bulevat Umetnosti 16, 11070 Novi Beograde, Serbia and Montenegro (Canadian Foreign Air Operator Certificate # 9252) from the requirements set out in Section 602.152 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) subject to the following conditions.
Section 602.152 of the CARs states that after April 1, 2002, no person shall operate an aeroplane to or from an aerodrome in Canada unless the aeroplane is a Chapter 3 aeroplane; has a MCTOW of less than 34 000 kg (74,956 pounds); or is operated pursuant to an exemption issued under Section 602.159 or 602.160.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow JAT Airways, Bulevat Umetnosti 16, 11070 Novi Beograde, Serbia and Montenegro to operate one DC-9 aeroplane that will conduct one (1) landing and one (1) takeoff at both Goose Bay and Iqaluit using a Chapter 2 aeroplane. The aeroplane has been operating out of Port of Spain, Trinidad for the past six months and is being ferried back to Europe.
The exemption applies to JAT Airways, Bulevat Umetnosti 16, 11070 Novi Beograde, Serbia and Montenegro (Canadian Foreign Air Operator Certificate # 9252) when operating the following aeroplane:
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- JAT Airways shall operate the aircraft at Canadian airports only for fuelling and technical purposes;
- The aircraft specified in this exemption shall land at and take off from Goose Bay (CYYR) and Iqualuit (CYFB) airports only.
- JAT Airways shall operate the aircraft in accordance with the noise abatement procedures and restrictions in force at the airport utilized, Goose Bay or Iqaluit;
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried on board the aeroplane at all times during the operation.
This exemption is valid until the earliest of:
- 23.59 EST on December 8, 2004;
- The date on which any condition specified in the exemption is breached; or
- The date on which the exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, on the 3rd of December 2004, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
- Date de modification :