Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after having taken into account that the exemption is both in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Air France, 45 Rue de Paris, 95747 Roissy CDG, Cedex, France, from the requirements set out in Section 701.28 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), subject to conditions of this exemption.
Section 701.28 states that no person shall be admitted to the flight deck of an aeroplane other than (a) a flight crew member; (b) a crew member performing their duties; (c) an inspector of the civil aviation authority of the state where the aeroplane is registered; or (d) a person who has expertise related to the aeroplane, its equipment or its crew members and who is required to be in the flight deck to provide a service to the air operator.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Air France:
to admit Air Algerie Airbus A330 certified pilots and pilot instructors listed in Appendix A to this exemption on the flight deck to observe ETOPS procedures for the duration of Air France scheduled flights between Charles de Gaulle Airport, France and Montreal PET International Airport, Canada from
May 4, 2006 to June 30, 2006.
This exemption applies to Air France when admitting on the flight deck Air Algerie Airbus A330 certified pilots and pilot instructors listed in Appendix A to this exemption in order to observe ETOPS procedures when operating into and out of Canada.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- Air France shall provide a written authorization allowing access to the flight deck to each person listed in Appendix A to this exemption;
- Air France shall ensure that persons listed in Appendix A to this exemption who have been issued authorizations under condition 1 of this exemption permitting access to the flight deck, carry such authorizations on board the aeroplane; and
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried on board the aeroplane.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- 23:59 hours EDT, June 30, 2006;
- The date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached; or
- The date on which the exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest, or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, Canada, this 24th day of May 2006, on behalf of the Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities.
Original signed by
- Date de modification :