Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after having taken into account that the exemption is both in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt CanJet Airlines (I.M.P. Group Limited, P.O. Box 980, Enfield, NS, B2T 1R6) from the requirement set out in subsection 507.07(1) Airworthiness Manual made pursuant to Section 507.07 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs),subject to the conditions of this exemption.
Subsection 507.07 of the Airworthiness Manual stipulates that an imported aircraft can be eligible for use in Canada where it can be shown and the Minister is satisfied that the aircraft conforms to an approved type design and is in a condition for safe operation.
The purpose of this exemption is to:
Allow CanJet Airlines to operate a Boeing Model 737-35B aircraft (C-FHGE, Serial number 23970) that does not fully conform to the approved type design as specified in Type Certificate Data Sheet Number A-146 (namely the aircraft does not have the speed brake caution light installed). CanJet Airlines requires this exemption because the speed brake caution light system is not currently available from any supplier.
This exemption applies to the operator CanJet Airlines (I.M.P. Group Limited,
P.O. Box 980, Enfield, NS, B2T 1R6) when operating the following aircraft,
pursuant to its Air Operator Certificate Number 10305:
Boeing Model 737-35B, C-FHGE, Serial Number 23970
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The operator shall have installed a placard on the first officers flight instrument panel where the speed brake caution light is normally installed stating “SPEED BRAKE CAUTION LIGHT NOT INSTALLED” (white text on red background);
- The operator shall provide its crews with an awareness briefing that the speed brake caution light is NOT installed on this aircraft and that additional operating procedures are to be employed when operating the speed brake on this aircraft (Ref. CanJet Memorandum PT-B73B-06-0XX);
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried on board the subject aircraft;
- The operator shall comply with all other requirements of Chapter 507 of the Airworthiness Manual;
- The operator shall not use this exemption as a basis for an airworthiness approval of the current modification embodied on the subject aircraft;
- A copy of this exemption shall be kept in the subject Aircraft’s Technical File;
- The operator shall make the appropriate entries to identify this exemption in the subject aircraft’s Journey Log Book and Technical File. and
- The aircraft is in a condition for safe operation.
VALIDITYThis exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- June 1st, 2006, 23:59 ADT;
- The date upon which any condition specified in the exemption is breached;
- The date on which the subject aircraft ceases to be operated by CanJet;
- The date of compliance to the approved type design as specified in Type Certificate Data Sheet Number A-146 following the installation of the speed brake caution light; or
- The date on which the exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest, or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Moncton, province of New Brunswick, Canada, this 3rd day of February 2006, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by
Acting Regional Director, Civil Aviation
- Date de modification :