Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt holders of Approved Maintenance Organizations (AMO) certificates that employ only one person in the performance of all functions related to the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) from the requirements of subsection 573.09 (5) of the CARs, subject to the requirements set out in this exemption.
Subsection 573.09 (5) states “The duties related to the quality assurance program that involve specific tasks or activities within an AMO’s activities shall be fulfilled by persons who are not responsible for carrying out those tasks or activities.” This feature is referred to in this exemption as “independent QA”.
The purpose of this exemption is to permit holders of an AMO certificate that employ only one person in the performance of all functions related to the CARs, to assign to their employee quality assurance program oversight functions for tasks or activities for which this employee is responsible.
This exemption applies to holders of AMO certificates that employ only one person in the performance of all functions related to the CARs.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The holder of the AMO certificate does not hold any other certificate issued pursuant to any other subpart of the CARs.
- Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) oversight activities did not identify any non-conformance finding that would demonstrate a need for independent QA.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- the date on which an amendment to the appropriate provisions of the Canadian Aviation Regulations comes into effect;
- the date on which any of the conditions set out in this exemption is breached; or
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion it is no longer in the public interest, or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, Ontario, Canada this 13th day of September 2007 on behalf of the Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities.
Original signed by
- Date de modification :