Transport Canada's Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Directorate has completed a review of Form 16-0090 for air operators submitting their dangerous goods policies, procedures and training programs for approval.
This page is intended to inform air operators of the change to Form 16-0090 - Application for Review of Dangerous Goods Policies & Procedures and Training Programs.
Relevant information about the changes made to Form 16-0090 can be found below.
On this page
- Important modifications
- Description of amended form 16-0090
- Information required for submission requests
- From 2021/04/01
- Contact us
Form 16-0090 has been revised to include changes to the 2021-2022 Edition of the International Civil Aviation Organization Technical Instructions (ICAO TI). Among the changes are major modifications to the training requirements found in Chapter 4 of Part 1 of the ICAO TIs.
Parts B and C of Form 16-0090 are now divided into sections and topics in alphanumeric order to distinguish each applicable regulatory requirement and facilitate cross-referencing. This structure will allow the applicant to identify each of the requirements and directly access the applicable regulatory references.
The form will be revised more frequently in order to incorporate the applicable regulatory changes and modifications.
In addition, Part D has now been added to include the TDG Inspector's review directly in the form.
Description of amended form 16-0090
The revised Form 16-0090 includes clear and explicit instructions to guide the applicant in completing Parts A, B and C of the submission. Form 16-0090 is an interactive document, which makes it easier to add information and adapt it to the various content to be incorporated by the applicant.
- Part A of the form must be completed and signed by a representative of the air operator for each TDG document review submission.
- Part B of the form should be completed by the applicant when the application includes a review of TDG operating policies and procedures.
- Part C of the form allows for the applicant to submit training programs based on either “Categories of Staff” or a “Competency-Based” approach which will remain in effect until December 31, 2022. On January 1, 2023, the ICAO TIs will be moving forward with only the competency-based approach.
- Part D of the form and the column titled “Required Correction” found in Parts B & Part C will be completed by the TDG Inspector and forwarded to the air operator for corrections, if required.
Information required for submission requests
To facilitate the review of the submission, more detailed information about the air operator's operations is requested to be completed in the form. Included in this new information within Section A of the application are details on the type and nature of the operation (e.g. CARs 703 air taxi operations, helicopter operations, international operations, passenger aircraft only operations).
If applicable, the applicant should also complete Sections B and C by selecting an item from a menu option for each subject listed representing the requirements that must be contained in the TDG policies, procedures and / or training programs.
The amended Form 16-0090 will be effective and available online on April 01, 2021, for air operators to submit their application for the review of dangerous goods policies, procedures and training programs. From April 1, 2021, to July 1, 2021, air operators may continue to use the previous version of Form 16-0090. As of July 1, 2021, only the amended form can be used for any TDG document review request.
For more information or suggestions to amend this document please contact:
TDG Safety Awareness
For questions about air operators' TDG document review requests, contact: