The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Directorate is the focal point for the national program to promote public safety during the transportation of dangerous goods. The TDG Directorate serves as the major source of regulatory development, information and guidance on dangerous goods transport for the public, industry and government employees.
Visit TDG 's "Who we are" page for more information.
- Regulations Amending the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (Formatting Changes) – comes into force February 19, 2020
- Seeking participants for study on electronic shipping documents (TDG Sandbox)
- TDG Bulletin - Produced water
- Find out about our study on electronic shipping documents (TDG Sandbox)
- Find out about changes to ERAP provisions in the TDG Regulations
- Notice – 30 day consultation period - CAN/CGSB-43.146
- Notice – 30 day consultation period - CAN/CGSB-43.125
- Notice – 60 day consultation period - Small containers for the transport of dangerous goods (CAN/CGSB-43.150)
In the event of an emergency
In the event of an emergency involving dangerous goods, call CANUTEC at 1-888-CAN-UTEC (226-8832), 613-996-6666 or *666 on a cellular phone.
You can register online to use CANUTEC's free, 24-hour emergency telephone number on your dangerous goods shipping documents.
For regulatory questions, contact the TDG regional office in your region:
Prairie & Northern