- Table of Contents
- Construction and Structural Strength
- Freeboard and Freeboard Marking
- Watertight &Watertight Integrity
- Water Freeing Arrangements
- Bilge Systems
- Fluid Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Steering Gear
- Fire Safety
- Life Saving and Emergency Equipment
- Communication Equipment
- Navigation Equipment
- Anchors and Cables
- Miscellaneous Marine Equipment
- Protection of Personnel
- Appendix A: Sample Stability Information Booklet
- Section 1: Operational Information
- Section 2: Technical Data and Loading Conditions
- Section 3: Reference Information
The following Standard has been developed to address safety issues pertaining to Canadian mono-hulled sailing vessels engaged in sail training activities at sea. The application of provisions herein is not intended for sailing schools providing instruction in sailing and seamanship to yachtsmen.
Current standards and regulations for conventional ships are not relevant to all areas of the design, construction and operational safety of sail training ships. It was thus deemed necessary to create a standard which would address the particularities of this type of vessel.
The Standard incorporates extensive work and research carried out by numerous administrations including the Marine Directorate of the Department of Transport in the U.K. The feedback obtained from stakeholders throughout the development of this Standard has also contributed significantly to its content.