Transport Publication - TP 10038 E (2003)
If you have an inflatable life raft, be sure it is installed properly.
- Install the raft where it can be easily launched, but where it will float clear if the ship sinks before launching.
- Do not install the raft vertically. The gas cylinder inside will fall to the bottom and chafe the fabric. Install it in a cradle or shaped bed, secured with a senhouse slip and weak link or a hydrostatic release.
- The painter must be secured to a strong point on the vessel.
- The raft should not be exposed to paint, exhaust smoke, sparks, heavy seas or spray.
- Have the liferaft inspected and repacked and the hydrostatic release tested according to the recommendations and requirements of the manufacturer.