Multi-brand Authorized Service Providers
The following authorized service providers (ASP) have provided Transport Canada (TC) with documentary evidence that confirms their capacity in providing multi-brand servicing in accordance with TC’s Tier I - Policy on Authorized service providers for life-saving appliances (ASP policy), which includes certification in accordance with ISO/PAS 23678 (refer to section 2.2 of Annex 3 of the ASP policy). Service providers wishing to be added to this list can contact Transport Canada – TC.MarineTA-ATMaritime.TC@tc.gc.ca.
To access CRALOG’s list of multi-brand service technicians, expand the “CANADA” tab. The “Make and Type” link as well as the QR code will enable you to access all makes/brands and equipment types for which CRALOG has a technician trained.
CRALOG uses QR codes for each service technician certificate, which allows you to know the level of training as well as the dates of training validity. These can be requested directly from the ASP contact found on the CRALOG website.
Authorized Service Providers limited to make/brand
To access lists of ASP certified to service specific makes/brands, consult the Recognized Organizations’ (RO) websites below:
To access ABS’s list of ASP, select “Canada” in the “Country/Region” dropdown menu and choose one of the following in the “External Specialist Type” dropdown menu:
- Servicing and Maintenance of Lifeboats, Launching Appliances, On-Load Release Gear and Davit-Launched Liferaft Automatic Release Hooks;
- Inflatable Life Saving Appliances Servicing Firms.
To access BV’s list of ASP, under “SEARCH FOR Service Supplier” enter one of the following services:
- Inflatable Life Saving Appliances & HRUs;
- Launching & Gear.
Select “Canada” in the “Country” dropdown filter and click “Search” to refresh.
To access DNV’s list of ASP, in the “[All approvals]” dropdown menu, select “Approval of Service Suppliers” and in the “[Select Product Name]” dropdown menu, choose one of the following products:
- Service of inflatable liferafts, inflatable lifejackets, hydrostatic release units, inflatable rescue boats, marine evacuation systems;
- Maintenance, thorough examination, operational testing, overhaul and repair of lifeboats and rescue boats, launching appliances and release gear.
In the “[Select Country]” dropdown menu, select “Canada”.
Korean Register (KR) (Currently not active in Canada)
To access KR’s list of ASP, in the “Service Type” dropdown menu, select “[LS] Firms engaged in servicing life saving appliances” and in the “Country” dropdown menu, select “CANADA”.
To access LR’s list of ASP, in the “Approval Category” dropdown menu, select “Service Suppliers”, in the “Country” dropdown menu, select “Canada”, and in the “Status” dropdown menu, select “Issued”. In the “Find Approval certificates” field, enter one of the two key terms:
- Maintenance, thorough Examination, Operational Testing, Overhaul and Repair of Lifeboats and Rescue Boats, Launching Appliances and Release Gear;
- Servicing Of Inflatable Liferafts, Inflatable Lifejackets, Hydrostatic Release Units, Inflatable Rescue Boats, Marine Evacuation Systems.
Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (ClassNK) (Currently not active in Canada)
To access ClassNK’s list of ASP, in the “Kind of Service” dropdown menu, select one of the following:
- Firms Engaged in Servicing and Maintenance of Lifeboats;
- Firms Engaged in Services of Life-saving Appliances.
In the “Country” dropdown menu, select “Canada”.
To access RINA Services, SpA list of ASP
- Under the Approval of Service Suppler click “by Category”
- Under Category click: N - Maintenance, thorough examination, operational testing, overhaul and repair of lifeboats and rescue boats, launching appliances and release gear.
Note: ASP providers have been listed in alphabetical order by their Country