The application period for the recreational boating component is closed.
The Boating Safety Contribution Program (BSCP) helps organizations promote safety or conduct research on the most effective ways to change boating behaviors in Canada.
Eligibility for funding
Eligible recipients include:
- not-for-profit non-governmental organizations (NGO)
- public Safety Organizations
- educational institutions
- enforcement services
- proposals received from these applicants must clearly demonstrate that the project is not part of their regular law enforcement duties
- for more details, please contact us
- provincial, territorial and municipal governments
- Indigenous groups and communities
Conditions of funding
Recreational boating safety
- $1 million per year
- maximum contribution per recipient - $300,000 per year
The project must begin on or after April 1, 2024.
The following financial conditions apply:
- the BSCP will reimburse recipients up to 75 per cent of eligible expenditures incurred for the Project
- the BSCP makes no advance payments
We reserve the right to fund single-year or multi-year projects, as appropriate.
Eligible expenditures under the BSCP include:
- staff wages and benefits
- professional fees
- rental/use of equipment, office materials, office and/or meeting space and travel costs
- public outreach and communication materials and associated activities costs
- translation costs
- incremental insurance costs
- administrative costs
What you need to know before you start
Read the Applicant’s Guide in full before you apply. This guide will help you prepare your funding application.
Applicants must include legal documents that confirm the organizations as an entity.
How to apply
- Contact us to receive a copy of the project proposal templates that must be used to complete your application package.
- Review the applicant’s guide to fill out your application.
- Your application must be signed, accurate and complete before submitting it.
Submit your application
Submit your application electronically. We will confirm receipt of all application packages.
All electronic applications packages must be in MS Word, MS Excel or PDF format.