April 24, 2020
Table of Contents
- General Notice
- General Rules
- Time and Time Tables (Sections 1-8)
- Signals - General (Sections 11-36)
- Protection of Track Work and Track Conditions (Sections 40-45)
- Operation of Movements (Sections 62-103.1)
- Track Units Operating Over Power-Operated and Dual Control Switches (Sections 104-116)
- Radio (Sections 117-127)
- General Procedures (Sections 131-148)
- General Bulletin Order (GBO) (Sections 151-157)
- Forms of GBO
- Occupancy Control System (OCS) Rules (Sections 301-315)
- Special Control System (SCS) Rules (Sections 351-353)
- Siding Control Territory (SCT) Rules (Sections 360-364)
- General Description and Location of Fixed Signals (Sections 401-440)
- Automatic Block Signal System (ABS) Rules (Sections 505-515)
- Centralized Traffic Control System (CTC) Rules (Sections 560-578)
- Interlocking Rules (Sections 601-620)
- Protection of Track Units and Track Work (Sections 801-803)
- Track Work and Track Units at Railway Crossings at Grade, Drawbridges, Interlockings and Non-Interlockings (Sections 805-813)
- Track Units Operating Over Power-Operated and Dual Control Switches (Sections 814-846)
- Track Occupancy Permits (Sections 849-857)
- Exclusive Top (Sections 858-861)
- Follow-up Top (Sections 862-863.1)
- Top Cancellation (Section 864)
The official version of the CROR , in its entirety, applies to all railway companies. Certain railway companies may not, as a practical matter, perform each and every activity that the CROR governs. In this case, for greater employee clarity, the railway company's rule book must contain the rules that govern activities they do perform.
Those rules shown as OPTIONAL may be adopted by a railway.
When used by a railway, they will not indicate the word “OPTIONAL” in that company’s version of the CROR .
It is optional to print the CROR and Protection of Track Units and Track Work together as one book or separately as CROR book 1 and CROR book 2.
Canadian Rail Operating Rules
(PDF, 2.39 MB)