These guidelines outline the assessment and authorization process that will be undertaken by Transport Canada and the Competition Bureau following a joint venture application. The guidelines provide additional details to air carriers considering a joint venture.
Who this guide is for
- Air carriers
- Transport Canada employees
- Competition Bureau employees
In this guide
- Role of Transport Canada and the Competition Bureau
- Proposed assessment process and timelines
- Competition assessment by Competition Bureau
- Public interest assessment by Transport Canada
- Public interest factors to be considered
- Filing a notice under the Canada Transportation Act, including fees to be paid
- Enforcement of assessment decision
- Canadian ownership requirements
- Monitoring of assessment decision
Request a copy
Get a copy of this Transport Canada document sent to you by email.
Privacy notice: We collect your email address to automatically send you an electronic copy of the document you’ve requested. Your email address is not stored. Read our privacy statement.
Request a copy in alternate format
To get a copy of this document in an alternate format, contact DLOTTAEWeb@tc.gc.ca.