81. If a heading of 250°M maintains your outbound track of 242°M, the required heading to maintain the reciprocal track back to your departure point would be
NOTE: For questions 82 to 100 inclusive, refer to the Appendix, CROSS-COUNTRY FLIGHT and to the Toronto VNC Chart.
82. Refer to the VNC.
What is the distance between the following two geographic co-ordinates: N44º00’ W78º00’ and N45º00’ W78º00’?
- 10 NM.
- 10 SM.
- 60 NM.
- 60 SM.
83. Refer to the Appendix: CFS – Lindsay, Ont. (CNF4).
Select the correct statements with respect to the aerodrome information.
- Circuits are right hand on runways 13 and 20.
- Aircraft radio controlled aerodrome lighting is available.
- There are PAPI lights on runways 31 and 13.
- Customs service is available.
- There is an FSS at the aerodrome.
- Aviation gasoline is available.
- A, B, F.
- B, E, F.
- C, D, F.
- A, B, D.
84. Refer to the VNC.
The hypsometric tinting on the chart indicates that between the Lindsay and Gananoque aerodromes the flight will be conducted over ground which is between
- sea level and 1,000 ft.
- sea level and 1,500 ft.
- 1,000 ft and 2,000 ft.
- sea level and 2,000 ft.
True Air Speed
250°T at 20 kt.
Using the above information the computed heading and groundspeed en route Oshawa to Lindsay is nearest to
- 010°M and 105 kt.
- 360°M and 112 kt.
- 012°M and 114 kt.
- 031°M and 105 kt.
86. Refer to the VNC.
En route from Oshawa to Lindsay you pass through CYA 520(T). You must be more alert for
- aircraft on approach to Lester B. Pearson International Airport (Toronto).
- civilian flight training activity.
- aerobatic activity.
- military flight training activity.
87. Refer to the VNC.
What is the magnetic track from Lindsay (CNF4) to Gananoque (CNN8)?
88. Refer to the VNC.
The estimated flight time from Lindsay to Gananoque at 5,500 ft with a groundspeed of 100 kt is nearest to
NOTE: Add an extra 2 minutes for each 1,000 ft of climb.
- 1 hour and 05 minutes.
- 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- 1 hour and 25 minutes.
Average fuel consumption
Total flight time
1 hour and 50 minutes
Add 2.0 gal for taxi, take-off and climb at Oshawa.
Add 2.0 gal for taxi, take-off and climb at Lindsay.
Using the above information, calculate the day VFR fuel requirements for a flight from Oshawa to Gananoque with a stop at Lindsay.
- 18.1 gal.
- 16.9 gal.
- 14.1 gal.
- 12.8 gal.
Outside Air Temperature
Using the above information, what is the true airspeed? Assume indicated airspeed is equal to calibrated airspeed.
- 89 kt
- 94 kt
- 106 kt
- 113 kt
91. Refer to the VNC.
The highest obstacle within 5 NM either side of your track from Lindsay to Gananoque is
(1) 1,857 feet ASL.
(2) 1,600 feet ASL.
(3) 1,475 feet ASL.
(4) 1,246 feet AGL.
92. Refer to the VNC.
While on track abeam Peterborough (N44º13’ W78º21’), you wish to obtain the latest weather for Kingston (N44º13’ W76º35’) to get some indication of what conditions will be at Gananoque. What would be the most appropriate station and frequency to call for this information?
- Peterborough UNICOM 122.8 MHz.
- London Radio 126.7 MHz.
- Campbellford Radio 113.5 MHz.
- Trenton Tower 128.7 MHz.
93. Refer to the VNC.
Your aircraft crosses the town of Bridgenorth (N44°23’ W78°23’) at 1810Z.
At 1822Z your aircraft is abeam the town of Norwood (N44°23’ W77°59’).
Your ETA at Gananoque aerodrome will be closest to
94. Refer to the VNC.
You are north of track over the town of Marlbank (N44°26’ W77°05’). Using the opening and closing angles method, you should alter heading to the right
95. Refer to the VNC.
What class of airspace would you be flying through when your aircraft is at 5,500 feet ASL, over Marlbank (N44°26’ W77°05’)?
96. Refer to the VNC.
With the VOR receiver tuned to the Coehill VOR (N44º40’ W77º50’), when you are over the town of Marlbank (N44°26’ W77°05’) the CDI should be
- centred with a “FROM” indication when the OBS is 123°.
- centred with a “FROM” indication when the OBS is 303°.
- deflected full left when the OBS is 123°.
- deflected full right when the OBS is 303°.
97. Refer to the VNC or to the Appendix: CFS – Kingston, Ont. (CYGK).
Due to deteriorating weather you decide to divert to Kingston (N44º13’ W76º35’), but you become disoriented. To assist in locating the airport, Kingston FSS could give you a
- radar vector.
- ADF steer.
- DF steer.
- VOR vector.
98. When a VFR flight plan has been filed and no search and rescue time has been specified in the flight plan, the pilot-in-command shall file an arrival report with the appropriate ATS unit not later than
- 30 minutes after the last reported ETA.
- 1 hour after the last reported ETA.
- 12 hours after landing.
- 24 hours after landing.
99. Refer to the VNC.
What class of airspace is CYR 503, located 3 NM east of the Kingston airport (N44º13’ W76º35’)?
100. Refer to the VNC or to the Appendix: CFS – Kingston, Ont. (CYGK).
The reported ceiling at Kingston is 1,000 ft broken and visibility is 4 miles.
To remain VFR in controlled airspace, an aircraft must join the circuit at Kingston
- at 800 ft ASL.
- at 1,300 ft ASL.
- in accordance with SVFR.
- as high as possible without entering cloud.