The Transport Canada Aeronautical Information Manual (TC AIM) provides flight crews with a single source for information on rules and procedures for aircraft operation in Canadian airspace.
It has been developed to bring together pre-flight reference information of a lasting nature into a single primary document.
Who this manual is for
- Student pilots
- Recreational pilots
- Private and commercial pilots and crew
- Drone pilots
- Air traffic controllers
- Aviation inspectors and Transport Canada staff
- Airport and aerodrome personnel
- Emergency personnel
Download the complete manual or individual chapters
- Aeronautical Information Manual - TP 14371 (PDF, 29.96 MB)
- Changes (PDF, 150 KB)
- General (GEN) (PDF, 4 MB)
- Aerodromes (AGA) (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- Communications (COM) (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Meteorology (MET) (PDF, 4.4 MB)
- Rules of the Air and Air Traffic Services (RAC)s (PDF, 7.3 MB)
- North Atlantic Operations (NAT) (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Search and Rescue (SAR) (PDF, 876 KB)
- Aeronautical Charts and Publications (MAP) (PDF, 873 KB)
- Licensing, Registration and Airworthiness (LRA) (PDF, 583 KB)
- Airmanship (AIR) (PDF, 3.8 MB)
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) (PDF, 1.1 MB)
Note: Since the TC AIM PDF s are large files, we encourage you to save the file to your local device. It will provide a better viewing experience than using a web browser's PDF viewer.
Right click on the link and choose "Save link as…" or "Save target as…".
Learn more about navigation and search functions in PDF.
TC AIM is available for print. Order a copy.
Details and history
The TC AIM is updated and published twice a year.
Last updated on March 2020, see Changes (PDF, 150 KB).
Comments or questions about TC AIM can be sent to: TC.AeronauticalInformationManual-Manueldinformationaeronautique.TC@tc.gc.ca