Pursuant to paragraph 702.22(2)(a) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), and after taking into account that the authorization is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, for the purposes of paragraph 602.15(2)(a) of the CARs, I hereby authorize Miccar Enterprises Ltd. to operate at altitudes other than those specified in paragraph 602.14(2)(a) of the CARs, subject to the conditions that follow. Paragraph 602.14(2)(a) of the CARs requires that no person shall operate an aircraft over a built-up area or over an open-air assembly of persons unless the aircraft is operated at an altitude from which, in the event of an emergency necessitating an immediate landing, it would be possible to land the aircraft without creating a hazard to persons or property on the surface, and, in any case, at an altitude that is not lower than, for aeroplanes, 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle located within a horizontal distance of 2,000 feet from the aeroplane.
Purpose and Application
The purpose of this authorization is to allow Miccar Enterprises Ltd. to conduct aerial application of a biological larvicide (BT) near the Hamlet of Crystal Lake, Saskatchewan, for the control of mosquitoes. The area of application of the larvicide will be that area as depicted on the maps accompanying the application for this authorization.
This authorization is subject to the description of events in the Miccar Enterprises Ltd. aerial work zone plans and covering letter, dated April 28 2004, and applies to C-GGRY, a Cessna 188 aircraft when operated by Miccar Enterprises Ltd. operations under Air Operator Certificate Number 8846.
This authorization is subject to the following conditions:
- Flights shall be carried out under Day/VFR conditions;
- No flight operations shall be conducted on any Saturday, Sunday or holiday;
- No person, other than crew members essential to the operation shall be on board the aircraft at any time;
- Flights must be operated at such altitudes, airspeeds and flight paths that will permit a landing without creating a hazard to persons or property on the surface of the earth in the event of an emergency;
- Miccar Enterprises Ltd. shall ensure that flight paths are arranged and flown so that no person or persons are directly under the area of application during any operations;
- The Rural Municipality of Keys No. 303, as the administrative office for the Hamlet of Crystal Lake shall be notified prior to, and with sufficient time, for any action as the Municipality may require, to ensure the safety or health of persons in the area if any operations may involve flight paths that are directly over any cottage, building or vehicle.
- The Rural Municipality of Keys No. 303, as the administrative office for the Hamlet of Crystal Lake shall be notified prior to, and with sufficient time, should the Municipality deem it is necessary to ensure the safety or health of persons, to prevent persons from entering the aerial work zone while application operations are occurring;
- A copy of this authorization shall be carried on board the aircraft during aerial work operations;
- Local police and fire departments must be notified of the nature and dates and times of the operations prior to commencement of operations;
- The Regional Superintendent, Operations, Prairie and Northern Region must be notified in advance of any operations (in order of preference) by telephone at 204-983-1409, by fax at 204-983-1734 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This authorization is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- 23:59 CST on 30 October 2004;
- the date on which any condition set out in this authorization is breached or;
- the date on which this authorization is canceled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Winnipeg, Manitoba, this 20th day of May 2004, on behalf of the Minister
Acting Superintendent Operations
Commercial and Business Aviation
Prairie and Northern Region
for Minister of Transport
- Date de modification :