Pursuant to paragraph 702.22(2)(a) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), and after taking into account that the authorization is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, for the purposes of paragraph 602.15(2)(a) of the CARs, I hereby authorize Steinbach Aerial Crop Service to operate at altitudes other than those specified in paragraph 602.14(2)(a) of the CARs, subject to the following conditions.
Paragraph 602.14(2)(a) of the CARs requires that no person shall operate an aircraft over a built-up area or over an open-air assembly of persons unless the aircraft is operated at an altitude from which, in the event of an emergency necessitating an immediate landing, it would be possible to land the aircraft without creating a hazard to persons or property on the surface, and, in any case, at an altitude that is not lower than, for aeroplanes, 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle located within a horizonta1 distance of 2,000 feet from the aeroplane.
Purpose and Application
The purpose of this authority is to permit aerial application for controlling Forest Tent Caterpillars.
Spray runs at the Steinbach Golf Club are to be made in a North - South direction on the property immediately south of the button of runway 32 as described as "Spray Block #2". Spray runs at the Steinbach Golf Club as described as "Spray Block #1" are to be made Northwesterly to Southeasterly direction to avoid any flight over #12 Highway, and avoiding flight toward or over the Commercial businesses south or west of "Spray Block #1".
This authorization is subject to the conditions in the Steinbach Aerial Crop Service aerial work zone plans dated 15 May 2002, and applies to C-GUAF, a C188 and C-GMBI, an AT401 aircraft when operated by Steinbach Aerial Crop Service operations under Air Operator Certificate Number 10074.
This authorization is subject to the following conditions:
- Flights must be carried out under Day/VFR conditions;
- No person, other than crew members essential to the operation shall be on board the aircraft
- Flights must be operated at such altitudes, airspeeds and flight paths that will permit a landing without creating a hazard to persons or property on the surface of the earth in the event of an emergency;
- Steinbach Aerial Crop Service shall ensure that no persons are in the area to be sprayed during spraying operations;
- A copy of this authorization shall be carried on board the aircraft during aerial work operations;
- Loca1 police and fire departments must be notified of the nature and dates and times of the operations prior to commencement of operations;
- The Regional Superintendent, Fixed Wing Operations, Prairie and Northern Region, Winnipeg, MB, must be notified in advance of any operations by telephone at 204-9831409 or by fax at 204-983-1734;
This authorization is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- 23:59 CDT on 30 June 2002;
- the date on which any condition set out in this authorization is breached or;
- the date on which this authorization is canceled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Winnipeg, Manitoba, this 30th day of May 2002, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original Signed By
Commercial and Business Aviation
Prairie and Northern Region
for Minister of Transport
- Date de modification :