Pursuant to paragraph 704.01(c) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) and after taking into account that the authorization is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby authorize Executive Transport Airways Limited to operate the Sikorsky S-61 helicopter under Subpart 704 of the CARs, notwithstanding that, the aircraft maximum certified take off weight (MCTOW) exceeds 8618 kg (19,000 pounds), and the aircraft may be configured with more than nineteen (19) passenger seats, excluding pilot seats, as prescribed by paragraph 704.01(a) of the CARs.
Paragraph 704.01(c) states that Subpart 704 applies in respect of the operation by a Canadian Air Operator, in an air transport service or in aerial work involving sightseeing operations, of any aircraft that is authorized by the Minister to be operated under Subpart 704.
This authorization will permit Executive Transport Airways Limited to operate the Sikorsky S-61 helicopter pursuant to Subpart 704 of the CARs notwithstanding that, the MCTOW exceeds 8618 kg (19,000 pounds), and the aircraft may be configured with more than nineteen (19) passenger seats, excluding pilot seats, as prescribed by paragraph 704.01(a) of the CARs.
This authorization applies to Executive Transport Airways Limited for the purposes of operating the Sikorsky S-61 helicopter.
This authorization is subject to the following conditions:
- The helicopter shall be operated in accordance with the approved Rotorcraft Flight Manual and all applicable supplements;
- A Type "C" or higher classification of operational control system shall be used;
- When the aircraft is configured with 20 or more passenger seats, a flight attendant shall be carried to assist the air operator in fulfilling the passenger safety responsibilities under sections 704.33 and 704.34 of the CARs and associated sections of the Commercial Air Service Standards (CASS). The air operator shall also demonstrate compliance with the additional regulations, standards and guidance provided at Annex A to this authorization. Where the regulation and/or standard within the Annex refers to an aeroplane and is applicable to this operation it should be considered to mean helicopter; and
- At least one flight crew member shall have a minimum of 12 months experience during the previous 36 months as a flight crew member in a passenger carrying operation conducted under the Instrument Flight Rules;
- Flight crew member training shall be conducted in accordance with the requirements of Subpart 704 of the CARs.
The authorization is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- 23:59 EST on March 15, 2007;
- The date on which any of the conditions set out in this authorization is breached; or
- The date on which this authorization is cancelled, in writing, by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest, or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
The authorization issued under paragraph 704.01(c) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), to Executive Transport Airways on the 21st of April, 2005, at Ottawa, by the Director Commercial & Business Aviation, on behalf of the Minister of Transport, is hereby cancelled because it is the opinion of the Minister that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, Canada, this 5th day of October, 2005, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by
Commercial and Business Aviation
- Date de modification :