Pursuant to paragraph 704.01(c) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) and after taking into account that the authorization is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby authorize Kenn Borek Air Ltd., 290 McTavish Road N.E., Calgary, Alberta, T2E 7G5 to operate its Douglas DC3C-BT67 aircraft bearing Canadian registration mark C-FMKB and serial number 19560 under Subpart 704 of the CARs, notwithstanding that the maximum certified takeoff weight of the aircraft exceeds the 8 618 kg (19,000 pounds) limit imposed by paragraph 704.01(a) of the CARS.
Paragraph 704.01(c) states that Subpart 704 of the CARs applies in respect of the operation by a Canadian air operator, in an air transport service or in aerial work involving sightseeing operations, of any aircraft that is authorized by the Minister to be operated under Subpart 704 of the CARs.
This authorization will allow Kenn Borek Air Ltd. to operate Douglas DC3C-BT67 aircraft, bearing Canadian registration mark C-FMKB and serial number 19560 under Subpart 704 of the CARs, notwithstanding that the maximum certified takeoff weight of the aircraft exceeds the 8 618 kg (19,000 pounds) limit imposed by paragraph 704.01(a) of the CARs.
This authorization applies to Kenn Borek Air Ltd. for the purposes of operating Douglas DC3C-BT67 aircraft, bearing Canadian registration mark C-FMKB and serial number 19560.
This authorization is subject to the following conditions:
- The interior configuration(s) of the aircraft shall be approved and fully compliant with the certification basis of the aircraft;
- An additional crew member shall be assigned to all passenger-carrying flights to assist the air operator in fulfilling the passenger safety responsibilities under sections 704.33 and 704.34 of the CARs and associated Commercial Air Service Standards. The air operator shall also demonstrate compliance with the additional regulations, standards and guidance provided at Annex A to this authorization;
- The total number of passengers on board shall not exceed 18 at any time;
- Commercial Air Service shall be limited to "on-demand" charter operations as defined in CAR Standard 724 Division I. The charter client shall not sub-charter the aircraft or charge or accept remuneration from any third party for air transportation services;
- The air operator shall submit for approval, to the Regional Manager, Commercial and Business Aviation all documentation required to obtain authorization to operate the DC3C-BT67 C-FMKB under the authority of AOC 2384; and
- All flight crew member training shall be conducted in accordance with the requirements of Subpart 704 of the CARs.
The authorization is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- 23:59 EST, on March 30, 2007;
- the date on which any of the conditions set out in this authorization is breached; or
- the date on which this authorization is cancelled, in writing, by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest, or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, Canada, this 5th day of October, 2005 on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by Tom Armstrong
Commercial and Business Aviation for Minister of Transport
- Date de modification :