Pursuant to paragraph 704.01(c) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) and after taking into account that the authorization is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby authorize Enterprise Air Inc., 1190 Keith Ross Court, Oshawa, Ontario, L1H 7K4 to operate its Douglas DC3C-BT67 aircraft bearing Canadian registration mark C‑GEAI and serial number 33053 under subpart 4 of Part VII of the CARs, notwithstanding that the maximum certified takeoff weight of the aircraft exceeds the 8 618 kg (19,000 pounds) limit imposed by paragraph 704.01(a) of the CARs.
Paragraph 704.01(c) states that Subpart 704 applies in respect of the operation by a Canadian air operator, in an air transport service or in aerial work involving sightseeing operations, of any aircraft that is authorized by the Minister to be operated under Subpart 704.
This authorization will allow Enterprise Air Inc. to operate Douglas DC3C-BT67 aircraft, bearing Canadian registration mark C-GEAI and serial number 33053 under subpart 4 of Part VII of the CARs, notwithstanding that the maximum certified takeoff weight of the aircraft exceeds the 8 618 kg (19,000 pounds) limit imposed by paragraph 704.01(a) of the CARs.
This authorization applies to Enterprise Air Inc. for the purposes of operating Douglas DC3C-BT67 aircraft, bearing Canadian registration mark C-GEAI and serial number 33053.
This authorization is subject to the following conditions:
- The interior configuration(s) of the aircraft shall be approved and fully compliant with the certification basis of the aircraft;
- An additional crew member shall be assigned to all passenger-carrying flights to assist the air operator in fulfilling the passenger safety responsibilities under sections 704.33 and 704.34 of the CARs and associated Commercial Air Service Standards (CASS). The air operator shall also demonstrate compliance with the additional regulations, standards and guidance provided at Annex A to this authorization;
- The total number of passengers on board shall not exceed 18 at any time;
- Commercial Air Service shall be limited to “on-demand” charter operations as defined in CAR Standard 724 Division I. The charter client shall not sub-charter the aircraft or charge or accept remuneration from any third party for air transportation services;
- The air operator shall submit for approval, to the Regional Manager, Commercial and Business Aviation all documentation required to obtain authorization to operate the DC3C-BT67 C-GEAI under the authority of AOC 8345; and
- All flight crew member training shall be conducted in accordance with
the requirements of Subpart 704 of the CARs.
The authorization is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- 23:59 EST on June 30, 2006.
- the date on which any of the conditions set out in this authorization is breached; or
- the date on which this authorization is cancelled, in writing, by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest, or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, Canada, this 11th day of January, 2005 on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by
Commercial and Business Aviation
for Minister of Transport
- Date de modification :