Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Future Electronics Inc., 237 Hymus Boulevard, Pointe Claire, Quebec, H9R 5C7 from the requirement set out in paragraph 507.02 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) requiring that an imported aircraft to be eligible for Canadian registration and certification shall fully comply with all standards of airworthiness. The validity of this exemption is conditional to the following application, purpose and conditions.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Future Electronics Inc. to operate the Falcon 900EX Aircraft, Registration C-FJOI, Serial Number 069.
This exemption applies to Falcon 900EX, Aircraft Registration C-FJOI, Serial Number 069. This exemption applies only to this aircraft when operated by Future Electronics Inc.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- This exemption is non-renewable, non-transferable. It is conditional to the continuing ownership and direct operation of the subject aircraft by Future Electronics Inc.
- The aircraft shall be maintained on a Transport Canada approved inspection/maintenance schedule.
- The subject aircraft shall comply with the requirements of any embodied Department of Transport (DOT) approved or accepted design change. Any design change to be embodied on the subject aircraft shall be established by a competent person, to be compatible with any of the limits authorized by this exemption and not to adversely affect the airworthiness of the modified aircraft.
- A copy of this exemption shall be attached to the Limitation Section of the Aircraft Flight Manual.
- A copy of this exemption shall be kept in the subject Aircraft's Technical File.
- Appropriate entries to identify this exemption shall be made in the subject aircraft's Journey Log Book and Technical File.
- This exemption does not constitute and shall not be used as basis for an airworthiness approval of the current modifications embodied on the subject aircraft.
- During the validity period of this exemption, should additional airworthiness concerns or data compromising the safety of the subject aircraft be brought to the attention of Transport Canada, the latter may at any time cancel or modify this exemption.
- The non-compliance with any of the terms and conditions of this exemption shall invalidate it.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- This exemption is valid one year from 21 of December 2000 to 21 of December 2001 at midnight;
- the date on which any of the condition set out in this exemption is breached; or
- the date on which this exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister of Transport.
Dated at Dorval, this 21 December 2000, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.