Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt West Wind Aviation Inc., Hangar#3, John Diefenbaker Airport, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan from the requirements set out in paragraph 507.07 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) requiring that "Where an application for a flight authority is made in respect of an aircraft being imported, the applicant must comply with the importation requirements specified in Chapter 507 of the Airworthiness Manual". The validity of this exemption is conditional to the following application, purpose and conditions.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow West Wind Aviation Inc. to operate an Aerospatiale ATR 42-300, Registration Number C-GWWC, Serial Number 209, without the installation of "Mod.1831, ATR SB ATR 42-92-0001 ".
This exemption applies to an Aerospatiale ATR 42-300, Registration Number C-GWWC, Serial Number 209. This exemption applies only to this aircraft when operated by West Wind Aviation Inc.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The aircraft shall be maintained on a Transport Canada approved inspection/maintenance schedule.
- The subject aircraft shall comply with the requirements of any embodied Department of Transport
(DOT) approved or accepted design change. Any design change to be embodied on the subject
aircraft shall be established by a competent person, to be compatible with any of the limits
authorized by this exemption and not to adversely affect the airworthiness of the modified aircraft.
- A copy of this exemption shall be attached to the Limitation Section of the Aircraft Flight Manual.
- A copy of this exemption shall be kept in the subject Aircraft's Technical File.
- Appropriate entries to identify this exemption shall be made in the subject aircraft's Journey Log Book and Technical File.
- This exemption does not constitute and shall not be used as basis for an airworthiness approval of the current modifications embodied on the subject aircraft.
- During the validity period of this exemption, should additional airworthiness concerns or data compromising the safety of the subject aircraft be brought to the attention of Transport Canada, the latter may at any time cancel or modify this exemption.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- This exemption is valid for 180 days from June 04, 2004 to November 30, 2004 at 23:59 EST;
- The date on which any of the condition set out in this exemption is breached; or
- The date on which this exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister of Transport; or
- Until the embodiment of the required modification is completed.
Dated at Dorval, this June 1st, 2004, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Diane Desmarais for
Regional Director, Civil Aviation
- Date de modification :